Tunnel service returns error

Hi Atlassian Developers. I’m receiving this error message when trying to fetch data in my Forge app. The error seems to be related to the tunnel service, but I’m not sure what could be causing it. Interestingly, when I deploy the application, it works without any issues. I’ve also tried running it using Docker, but the error persists. we’ve developed this app for about 2 months with tunneling but it’s the first time I’ve encountered this error.

4 Likes

I also spontaneously began running into this issue a few weeks ago. Existing apps that had no problem tunneling now fail after one app return cycle. Updated forge CLI to latest (and the corresponding manifest changes/Dockerless) and still no luck tunneling.

1 Like

Hey everyone. Been using ngrok for local dev, but recently encountered an issue when my tunnel stopped working. Turns out, there’s a limit on HTTP/S Requests – capped at 20,000. When I dug into it, I realized it was due to my ngrok free plan. Yours truly went overboard and hit it. So yeah, tunnel took a coffee break. No biggie though! Just keep an eye on those request counts or think about upgrading.

2 Likes

Well look at that, I too hit the limit, lol! Thanks for posting to clear that up!

1 Like

Hey @DavidPezet1 @imad-IDAHMED! Thanks for reaching out and digging into the issue at hand.

We are aware that some partners are having issues around ngrok rate limits being imposed. We are seeing the following client errors: ERR_NGROK_725, ERR_NGROK_726 and ERR_NGROK_727 (reference: Errors Reference | ngrok documentation). The Forge team is currently working on a new tunneling solution that will provide developers with a more seamless user experience. The current plan is to post more information and provide a Preview release in the upcoming months. Stay tuned for more information.

3 Likes