Undocumented 409 Response For Addons REST Endpoint

I’m developing an add-on that uses the [PUT] ‘/addons/{addonKey}/properties/{propertyKey}’ endpoint and noticed that I get a 409 response from JIRA when too much data is saved under the endpoint for a given addonKey. If I remove some properties the 409 goes away and I’m allowed to PUT again to the endpoint. Is there any documentation explaining in detail the reason for the 409 and what limitations this endpoint has? Thanks!

1 Like

According to the HTTP spec a 409 Status Conflict should return a response to help debug what’s wrong.

Conflicts are most likely to occur in response to a PUT request. For example, if versioning were being used and the representation being PUT included changes to a resource that conflict with those made by an earlier (third-party) request, the origin server might use a 409 response to indicate that it can’t complete the request. In this case, the response representation would likely contain information useful for merging the differences based on the revision history.

Are you getting any response data back?

1 Like

Thanks! I missed the response message.

Here is what I get back:
{“status-code”:409,“message”:“Maximum number of properties allowed to be stored 100 has been reached.”}

This should be in the documentation somewhere.

1 Like

Hi Brandon,

It is (“Limitations of Add-on Properties”): https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/concepts/hosted-data-storage.html

But I’ll be the first to admit that since this page isn’t actually linked to from the API reference, it’s easy to miss.