Update resolutiondate field in JIRA Cloud with Forge

Hi,
I am creating a UI Kit Forge app to update the resolution date of several tickets in JIRA Cloud. I get the list of issues and when I iterate over it, I can see the resolutiondate field in each ticket/issue:

customfield_10036: null,
customfield_10037: null,
customfield_10029: null,
resolutiondate: ‘2022-07-19T14:17:41.389-0500’,
workratio: -1,

I want to update it, I have tried assigning it a String or Date value like this:
resp.issues[index].fields.resolutiondate = “2022-07-26”;

var date = new Date;
resp.issues[index].fields.resolutiondate = date;

However the resolution field is not changed. What am I missing to get that system field updated?

Thanks,
Edgar

Hi @edgar.h.meraz,

I believe the resolutiondate field cannot be updated via API. To confirm this behavior, you can use Get edit issue metadata and see if the fields returned correspond to the field you want to edit (in this case, resolutiondate).

Cheers,
Ian

Hi iragudo,

I ejecuted the API request to get the editmetadata of an issue and this is the list I got:

I don’t see the resolutiondate or similar. Then, there is no way to create an app with Forge to update the resolution of a field taking the date (from ticket history) when the ticket was Completed?, because I have seen that is possible to update the resolution date using a CSV file, but in this case the project has more than 4000 tickets to update its resolution.

Regards,
Edgar

Hi @edgar.h.meraz ,

Yes, unfortunately, the resolution date cannot be updated programmatically and the workaround is by using CSV import as you’ve mentioned (see Solved: How to change resolution date for existing Jira is.... for supplemental information).

Cheers,
Ian

1 Like

Hi iragudo,

Ok, hope that you have considered making the resolution date field editable programmatically in your road map, as I have seen other developers asking for that as well.

Thanks,
Edgar