Upgrading to Jira Core v7.13 on dev environment

Hi,

I have the Atlassian JDK working like a charm with Jira Core v7.12 - However, I want to upgrade the dev env’t on my laptop to Jira Core v7.13 - when I go through the usual channels inside Jira it tells me I need to do that through the installer. Since I am on a Mac, the installer is basically a tar.gz file.

How do I upgrade my Jira Core to v7.13 from v7.12 so it is bundled as part of my Atlassian JDK using the installer on a Mac?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi @michael_teamsly,

In order to better understand and help you better, I have the following questions:

1. When you said “Atlassian JDK”, are you referring to Atlassian SDK?
  2. If #1 is correct, when you said “dev enviroment” do you mean running atlas-run-standalone --product jira?

Thanks,
Ian

Hi @iragudo - yes, I did mean Atlassian SDK :slight_smile: sorry, was typing in a hurry. When I meant “Dev Environment” I meant simply installing the Atlassian SDK on my laptop and run the bundled Jira version that comes with the SDK by starting it using “atlas-run” - basically following the tutorial on how to write a “hello world” plugin: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/create-a-helloworld-plugin-project/

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks for the clarification, @michael_teamsly. If you’re running a server app in a Jira instance via atlas-run, you can change the property jira.version in your pom.xml to your desired version, in this case 7.13.0. If you want to run a standalone Jira server using a specific version, you can use atlas-run-standalone --product jira --data-version 7.13.0 --version 7.13.0.

Cheers,
Ian