Use JIRA Rest API in self-hosted web application with out publishing it on Market place

We are creating a internal JIRA reporting tool for our organization which is developed on Vue.js, as a web application and using atlassian’s OAuth 2.0 (3LO) mechanism for authentication, and hosted on our own server(stand alone web application). We have created an app on atlassian’s developer console but other than a developer, who created this app, is not able to login into it, it says your account is in developer mode. when we check our ‘app’ status in atlassian account, it says ‘Your app is listed as private. This means that only you can install and use it.’ . We want to use this app with out making it publicly available on Market place and every member of our organization should be able to use it using his/her own atlassian’s credentials.

Please help us to resolve this issue.

@ShailendraSingh, welcome to the Atlassian developer community.

First, a quick correction that all of this describes Jira Cloud, not Jira Server. I have corrected the category and tags accordingly, but the different is important. OAuth 2.0 (3LO) is not available on Jira Server, and I would want to make sure you and anyone following this topic would end up in the right documentation and administrative UI.

Next, you will still want to “publish” your app according to the documented guiance. Here’s what the docs explain about what “publish” means:

Your app is now public and can be used by others.

That’s what you want. I see the term “others” is a bit ambiguous. For your case, “others” means “every member of our organization”.

Note that making your app public does not make it available on the Atlassian Marketplace. Although OAuth 2.0 (3LO) apps can be listed on the Atlassian Marketplace, they will appear as informational listings only, with limited Marketplace features.

Emphasis added to highlight that this would be the path to publishing on Marketplace, but it is not required.

1 Like