Using Active Objects together with the Jira audit log

Hi there!

I am trying to implement audit log support for my custom app that I am currently developing. As a first step, I want to create a new event in the audit log whenever a new row in the active objects table is created. Currently, I managed to get it to work by using the code below:

public void createEventForPost(Object activeObjectToUse) {
    AuditType auditType = AuditType.fromI18nKeys(CoverageArea.ECOSYSTEM, CoverageLevel.BASE, "Custom App", "Row created").build();
    AuditResource affectedObject = AuditResource.builder(activeObjectToUse.getTitle(), "activeObject")
        .id(Integer.toString(activeObjectToUse.getID()))
        .build();

AuditEvent event = AuditEvent.builder(auditType)
     .affectedObject(affectedObject)
    .build();

auditService.audit(event);
  }

This works fine, but when I check the audit log, while I can see the title of the activeObjectToUse, I can not click it like I can with other audit log events. Does anyone know how one can make the affected object clickable in the audit log?

I managed to make it work! By adding the “.uri(String uri)”-parameter, it works just fine! See the code below:

public void createEventForPost(Object activeObjectToUse) {
    AuditType auditType = AuditType.fromI18nKeys(CoverageArea.ECOSYSTEM, CoverageLevel.BASE, "Custom App", "Row created").build();
    AuditResource affectedObject = AuditResource.builder(activeObjectToUse.getTitle(), "activeObject")
        .uri("PUT YOUR URL HERE")
        .id(Integer.toString(activeObjectToUse.getID()))
        .build();

AuditEvent event = AuditEvent.builder(auditType)
     .affectedObject(affectedObject)
    .build();

auditService.audit(event);
  }