Using confluence datacenter api with forge?

I’m developing a Jira Service Management app using Forge, and I need to retrieve content from Confluence articles belonging to users, regardless of whether they’re using Confluence Cloud, Data Center, or Server. Currently, I’m using the Confluence Cloud API to fetch content. Can I use a similar approach to retrieve content from Confluence Data Center and Server instances by calling their respective APIs, or do I need to develop separate apps for each deployment type?

As far as I know, the Forge platform only supports Cloud so you don’t have any direct access to Data Center or Server product APIs.

If the Confluence Data Center or Server instances somehow expose their API for you to use and while I haven’t tried, I imagine you might be able to use specific URLs as Forge Remote maybe? But that probably doesn’t fulfil your requirements to access a Confluence instance regardless whether it’s Cloud, Data Center, or Server.

2 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t support Data Center and Forge :frowning:, Forge is only available for our Cloud products.

To build apps for Data Centre you would need to use the Plugins2 Framework.

1 Like

okey ,thank you guys for the information

Hey @MohamedNajah,

I think if you were just trying to access data on a Confluence Server/Data Centre instance from a Forge app that might be possible if you treat the API call as though it’s an external API call, using OAuth 2.0 - though I haven’t tried it myself -

I’d recommend having a look at the Confluence DC OAuth 2.0 Docs, and also Forge Fetch API - External authentication as a starting point.

1 Like

Hello @mpaisley and @JamesDumay,

Thank you for your insights.i think i will be using connect to respond to my needs,because I’ve been developing an app previously using Atlassian Connect, and I believe it’s a good fit for my project. I encountered an issue that I posted about regarding an outbound HTTP request resulting in a 404 error

Could you provide some guidance on how to resolve this?
thank you in advance