Using jwt authentication when installing app outside of dev environment?

Scenario: Trying to install my App into an Atlassian stage environment to test the App and the license functionality. I am using the atlassian-connect-express (ACE) framework. Everything works “as is” in my Atlassian dev environment (using ngrok, npm, etc.). So not sure why the framework is struggling in a non-dev environment.

Problem(s): The following are the (2) main issues I experience by changing the atlassian-connect.json file:

1. If I remove the “jwt” and the “lifecycle”, I can get it to install successfully. However, when I click on the links that should go out and retrieve instance data via the REST API, I get 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

2. if I implement “jwt” and the "lifecycle ", then the app won’t install at all giving me an HTTP 404 error.

Summary: So I am not sure 1) which direction to go as far as using the “jwt” instead of “none” value. Most of what I read leads me to believe the “jwt” should be used. In the dev environment, it handles using “jwt” just fine so not sure why installing the App outside of the dev environment causes issues.

I have reviewed many solutions involving adding app.get/app.post to the routes/index.js file. However, none of those have worked for me.

So if anyone knows of the actual solution or can point me to documentation showing how to get tings working with “jwt” that would be great!

Never mind this post. There’s more information about using Heroku so I’m just going to go that route.

1 Like