Web-items on left side of Admin page

Hello,

I’ve added a web-item labeled ‘Configuration’ to the left side of the admin page -
at localhost:2990/jira/plugins/servlet/upm. When I do this, a title of “Other” appears above the item label (see image). I’ve been unable to change this title. My question is: How do I change it?

Thanks for the help.

Can you post the code that you used to create the web-item?

Here’s the code of the web-item:

I add this item to atlassian-plugin.xml. The Configuration text appears (and works as a link) but also the header above it, “Other”, appears. I want to rename this header, but cannot seem to access it.

You’re using the system.admin/system web-section to attach your web-item. The web-sections are basically the various headers around the ui pieces (read more about them at Latest updates ). You can use the Web Fragment Finder (Atlassian Marketplace ) to find other web sections.

That said - what you’ll probably want is something like:

<web-section key="mixin-configuration-web-section" location="admin_plugins_menu">
		<label>Mixin</label>
	</web-section>

<web-item key="adminList-jira" name="Configuration"
		section="admin_plugins_menu/mixin-configuration-web-section">
		<label>Configuration</label>
		<description>Configuration for Mixin</description>
		<link>/plugins/servlet/configuration</link>
	</web-item>

(Note - I haven’t fully tested it - but it should work - read the web fragments doc if it doesn’t :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

That worked :slight_smile:

Note that I used Web Fragment Finder to get the location I originally used, system.admin/system. I’ll have to examine why I did not see or find the location you’ve pointed out, admin_plugins_menu/mixin-configuration-web-section.

Many thanks for your help!

Hi @prfurey, what you’re actually doing now is making your own new section, which @daniel thought he’d name Mixin for you with <label>Mixin</label> in his example.

So you’re now making a new web-section in the admin_plugins_menu location, and then you’re making a web-item nested underneath it.

Hope this helps, -nick wade
Head of Business, Ecosystem

2 Likes