Webhooks API – close/re-open board events are not being sent

Hello,

We’ve added a feature to our Trello integration where you can opt to sync automatically all the boards you add in Trello via webhooks. The only issue is that currently, we’re only receiving the create new board event (addToOrganizationBoard) and the close/re-open not.

When closing the board, Trello should send us an updateBoard event to the webhook with payload similar to this, and it does NOT.

The same goes for restoring the board. We should get another updateBoard, with the :closed attribute being set back to false, but we don’t.

And the permanently delete board action has a very long delay. Any reason why these hiccups are happening?

Can you confirm that you have the webhook set on a board and/or a member? The updateBoard action only fires on those two objects’ webhooks. I put together this spreadsheet as a quick reference for which action fire on which objects.

I just confirmed that I received an action for both archiving and un-archiving on both types of members:

Webhook Object: board
Webhook Type: updateBoard
body.action.data:
{
  "old": {
    "closed": true
  },
  "board": {
    "closed": false,
    "id": "59cd149051aa57a706962996",
    "name": "Actions Test Boardss",
    "shortLink": "G4pbytVe"
  }
}

Webhook Object: member
Webhook Type: updateBoard
body.action.data:
{
  "old": {
    "closed": true
  },
  "board": {
    "closed": false,
    "id": "59cd149051aa57a706962996",
    "name": "Actions Test Boardss",
    "shortLink": "G4pbytVe"
  }
}

And the permanently delete board action has a very long delay. Any reason why these hiccups are happening?

This is because we queue the actual deletion for some number of days before permanently removing it.

Do you think you’ll be able to make that spreadsheet public somewhere in the Trello API documentation?

It would ease everyone’s life knowing what events occur to which model ID subscription.

Yes! I had meant to put it in a few places. I went ahead and added it here: https://developers.trello.com/page/webhooks.

I’ll probably add it a few more places that are relevant.

1 Like

This is perfect! Thank you very much, sir! :bowing_man:

1 Like