Weekly GDPR API status development - Jun 21

Update on the roll out of new Bitbucket Cloud, Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud APIs

Bitbucket APIs Bitbucket APIs are once again rolled out to 100% of Bitbucket apps.

Jira APIs The roll out percentage increased to ~92% of Atlassian Connect apps for Jira. We’ve rolled out to apps that have signaled both gdpr:true and those that have not signaled either gdpr:true or gdpr:false . We intend to shut down the whitelist for the remaining 8% of Atlassian Connect apps soon. App vendors on the whitelist have been contacted to confirm status and identify any remaining blockers. Please check your email if your app is signaling gdpr:false to help us with the remaining roll out.

Confluence APIs The roll out of Confluence APIs has been delayed again. New target = July 1, 2019 9:00 AM.

On launch of Profile Visibility Controls

We are still working to address bugs raised during testing and will not launch profile visibility controls next week. Our new target launch date is being confirmed but likely after July 1, 2019 (Sydney). I will post an update to this post once confirmed.

The testing window has now closed. If you’ve already had an instance configured for testing, the configuration has temporarily been turned off.

As a reminder, profile visibility controls will allow users to control their profile settings through Atlassian Account. Certain fields like timezone and email address may be hidden by a user and not return in the user object. Additionally, the user may decide to show only public versions of their name or avatar.

All of these changes including the default settings are documented in these guidelines .

If your app requires use of email address to provide core functionality, please raise a request to access the email API. Should you use the email API without raising a request your app may be prevented from being installed .

Thank you

As always, thank you for working with us through these changes. Its been a large amount of work to complete in a short timeframe and we appreciate you helping us deliver a more trusted experience for customers.