We're updating our Developer Terms

Hi developer community,

We’re updating the Atlassian Developer Terms that govern your use of the Atlassian development platform (“Atlassian Platform”), which includes P2, Connect, and now Forge. We’ve added terms specific to Forge, which you can view here.

Highlights from the update:

• Adding new terms for Atlassian’s Forge Framework, which Atlassian customers can use to create Forge Apps that run on Atlassian’s infrastructure
  • Clarifying rules around developer relationships with End Users, security practices and use of End User Data
  • Reorganizing to improve readability and to reflect our current practices

These changes go into effect starting December 15, 2020.

If you’re on this forum, it likely means these terms do apply to you, so make sure you read them! By continuing to use the Atlassian Platform, you agree to continue to be bound by these terms.

1 Like

I don’t see any way to see the original terms so that we can compare them for changes. Can you please provide a diff?

6 Likes

Since this is the first time I’ve heard the term “Atlassian Platform”. Is there a formal definition of it?

3 Likes

Here is the previous version of the Atlassian Developer Terms: https://www.atlassian.com/legal/archives/developer-terms/developer-terms-20151204

2 Likes

To be honest, given that the livelihood of myself and my team depend on our atlassian platform business, there is no point in reading them. You could just as well add a provision that I need to bring Scott and Mike coffee everyday, I will still continue to use the platform :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Here is the definition of “Atlassian Platform” found under Section 23:

Atlassian Platform” means Atlassian’s developer platform, including our APIs, API keys, CLIs, sample code, access tokens, SDKs and other tools described at https://developer.atlassian.com/ or included with the Forge Framework.

Looks like 5.4 is broken:

5.4. License Grant to Atlassian. You hereby grant Atlassian, during the Term (and thereafter in accordance with Section 11 (Term and Termination)), the nonexclusive, royalty-free (subject to payment of any applicable Revenue Share), worldwide right and license:

Partners) by all means of electronic distribution available now or in the future, except that this subsection
(a) shall not apply to (i) Paid-via-Vendor Apps that you choose to make available for download directly from your website instead of from Atlassian or (ii) Free Apps available for download only from your own website;

The subsequent points look logical.
When compared with previous version (correct) it looks to me like some copy & paste or editing error.
Could you please check and fix?

2 Likes

@wseliga It looks like you are referring to the Marketplace Partner Agreement rather than the Developer Terms or the Forge Terms.

Thanks for pointing that out. That is indeed a copy/paste error, and we are working to get it fixed. :slight_smile:

If you have any other questions/comments about the Marketplace Partner Agreement, please make them on this post.

1 Like

Yes @kmorales! Indeed I meant the error in the Marketplace Partner Agreement. Thanks in advance for fixing it.

Cheers,
Wojtek

2 Likes