What plugin points are planned for the "Agility" Jira Software boards?

In Jira Software boards there are several plugin points (like the one indicated below). Is there a plan to add them in the new “Agility” boards as well?

1 Like

Hi @mateusz.zielinski,

Great question. We absolutely intend for agility boards to be extensible in the future, in the same way that boards are extensible for other Jira Software projects today. Agility boards are built on a new technology stack, so while we are taking the opportunity to think through what the best customer experiences are for extension points in agility boards will be, I expect we will be applying what we have already learned and supporting most of the same patterns that we already have.

We don’t have a timeline to share right now – we have a lot of work to do building the functionality for agility boards to be comparable to what we offer in existing boards today, but apps are certainly part of that equation so rest assured that this will be coming.

Cheers,
Dave

Thank you @dmeyer for this response,

You want the Agility Boards functionality to be comparable to the Scrum and Kanban boards. Does it mean that you will eventually replace the old boards with Agility boards?

I’ve tried to find more information about this functionality but failed. This puts us (vendors) in a difficult position when it comes to planning our future work. Unfortunately just “resting assured that this will be coming” wouldn’t be very responsible from our side, would it?

Please share some details regarding Agility Boards with the ecosystem. What is the reason not to do that?

Cheers,
Mateusz

Hi @mateusz.zielinski,

Agility projects are still in the very early days of development, that’s why there hasn’t been a lot of information released about them so far. They will represent a shift in both the technology and architecture of the board itself, as well as the underlying project configuration of workflow, issue types, etc.

Similar to the new issue details view, while we eventually expect agility projects to be the standard, it is very early. We are just beginning to test very basic iterations of the functionality, so there is obviously a long way to go before we see them being the default option for most customers. When we have more details to share, we will share them.

Dave

All clear now, thanks @dmeyer. Agility Boards look great :thumbsup: I’m looking forward to see them production ready. Just keep in mind vendors’ needs while planning future iterations :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Mateusz

2 Likes

@dmeyer, any update on this?

I haven’t been able to find any resources on plugin/extension points in the Agility boards.

We are getting more and more questions from the customers about the compatibility of our app with Agility boards.

Thanks,
Jack

3 Likes