What setup is required for JIRA to send fetch request to a private on premise deployed application?

Hi,

I am developing a Jira forge app to integrate with an on-premise deployed web application.
Using fetch function to send the request, in the case that the on-premise application is not reachable from the internet, what is a typical setup recommended in Jira to resolve it?
Like a jumpbox maybe?
I am considering to add such setting into a “connector” as properties and expose it to the users to provide the setting input.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks.

@anon57582319 welcome to the Atlassian developer community.

In my role, I keep up with what a lot of internal teams are doing with Forge, and this seems like what we’re working on to improve Jenkins integration. Unfortunately, it’s too soon to share that, even at a high-level because it’s unproven. For developers in our ecosystem, there have been some experiments with “remote compute” that might provide some hints. For example: See Visualize with AWS – maintain diagrams as code with Atlassian Forge at Atlassian Community Events Berlin-Brandenburg

Otherwise, you are mostly pioneering an unsolved scenario with Forge. As such, please do let us know what you try and how well it works.

2 Likes

OK, thanks.
Please do let us know when you have the solution ready from your Jenkins integration.