What's the best way to get bulk issue properties?

So we’re storing a bunch of data related to our app against issues, and want to provide an overview page to display it (on a Project Panel). However there’s no way to find all issues with a specific issue property set. Eg there’s https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-properties/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-properties-propertykey-get but no bulk get.

We looked into JQL, but that has a limit in that it only handles simple key:value data for the indexing. Our data structure is something like:

{
  data: [
    { id: 1, description: "Apple", foo: 1, bar: 2},
    { id: 2, description: "Orange", foo: 1, bar: 2},
    { id: 3, description: "Pear", foo: 1, bar: 2},
  ]
}

When this is indexed we can make the property searchable but it only finds “Apple”, not “Orange” and “Pear”. There are workarounds like adding extra properties to store the indexed values, but there’s added risk/overhead with doing this.

Is there a better way to be doing this?

Hey @SeanCurtisHeapsGoodS ,

I spoke to the Jira Cloud Ecosystem team, and they suggested -

I think we can use the following JQLs to find all issues with a specific issue property set

issue.property[~your entity property key from the manifest~].data.description != null // not using alias dataDescription != null // using alias

and use it to call GET /rest/api/3/search or POST/rest/api/3/search to get all issues with this property value set

Would that solve it?

That’s what I was doing, but it only finds the first item with “Apple”, not “Orange” or “Pear”.

What we’ve done in the meantime is this:

{
  data: [
    { id: 1, description: "Apple", foo: 1, bar: 2},
    { id: 2, description: "Orange", foo: 1, bar: 2},
    { id: 3, description: "Pear", foo: 1, bar: 2},
  ],
  description: ["Apple", "Orange", "Pear"]
}

Then we point the entityProperty to the synchronised value. This is not ideal at all, but it’s a workaround.