What's the request limit for webtriggers

The request / response size limit for webtriggers doesn’t seem to be documented. From my own testing, it appears to be just above 5mb. Does anyone know where this is documented?
I want to avoid a case where I’m building an API that requires roughly this amount of payload size just for Atlassian to reduce it to some silly amount like 200kb.
Something similar has happened with custom entity queries, where it has been limited from hundreds to 20 entities per request.

Thanks!
Philip

All documented limits in Forge should be found here: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/platform-quotas-and-limits/#invocation-limits

I will however ask the team if there are any limits to payload size that have not been documented in that above link.

1 Like

Hey @rmassaioli
thank you for your reply! I am aware of this page but it doesn’t seem to contain any information on payload size. I remember that the maximum payload size for the old runtime with a regular function invocation was about 256kb (maybe even lower).
I’ve tested this with the new node.js runtime and a webtrigger, calling it from the postman client, sending and receiving different payload sizes. It appears that the limit is around 5mb for ingress and egress.
If you could get the team to give me a definitive answer, that’d be amazing, as I’ll need to rely on a certain limit in the future.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @rmassaioli
Do you have any update regarding the quota for webtriggers from the team?

Thanks!
Philip

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.