Where can I get a "Developer license" for Jira

I’ve bought a $10 license as usual to get the source of Jira, which I can get. However, it seems the button “Get developer license” on my.atlassian.com has disappeared.

Does anyone has any info on that?

Thank you,
Adrien

Why do you want to buy developer license second time?

I don’t want to buy a developer license a second time, I want to get the “developer license” corresponding to the “commercial license”:

• For each commercial license bought,
  • You get a license key for production,
  • You get a “developer license” key for all development instances.

Starter licenses haven’t had the developer licenses (my guess is that the thinking is that at that level you wouldn’t really have a standby server). You should have access to the source code though.

1 Like

If you are trying to perform testing on your app: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/timebomb-licenses-for-testing-server-apps/

Hi Robert and Daniel,

Thank you very much for your answers. Daniel nailed it, and Robert added the link to timebomb licenses - It seems like host licenses were recently added to that page which previously only contained timebomb licenses for plugins. That is what I was looking for (However I haven’t tested them, because I used my paid license for a developer installation).

Thank you both,
Adrien

Very annoying.

We only need a starter license, because we are less than 10 people.
We also used development licenses for our dev, test… servers, as we develop add-Ons.

What is a solution for this problem? (Nothing)

Buying a 270x more expensive license?

Timebom licenses are not really a solution for this problems, as it is just not reliable to restart servers every now and then, espc. not for developers, without direct access to virtualization.

1 Like