Where is app's context menu?

Hi, I’ve just noticed that our context menu is no longer available in left sidebar on Cloud, it’s replaced with Project menu instead. Is this change correct or it’s just some unexpected issue?

I just noticed we have the same issue. Did you find a solution @marcin.nowak?

Nope :frowning:

Still waiting for the response, it looks like a bug (I hope…) :slight_smile:

Is there an open bug report for Atlassian?

@pvandevoorde do you know anyone who could reply to this?

1 Like

I think this is intentional on Atlassian’s part. If you read https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/home-container/ it indicates that you should not do that:

While adding links to the Jira home container is currently supported, we strongly encourage you to design for project-centric or user-centric experiences. This means the primary methods of navigation to your app’s content should be via the project sidebar or user profile menu. Only add a link to the home container as a last resort.

Now the tricky thing is that if you now need to support new UI (50% of customers right now) and the old.

For Jira I think the project or user centric views make a lot of sense but for many add-ons it doesn’t make much sense, especially if they operate on multiple projects or are an app within Jira. If there is nowhere in the project navigation to put it then it can be very difficult to find links to. For ScriptRunner Cloud we have Enhanced Search, which is invisible now except from the dashboard.

@tpechacek this might be one for you to consider

1 Like

I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like it has been fixed!