Where to get API token for Jira Core Server 7.0

Hello,

I’m trying to find where to get the API token for Jira Core Server version 7.0. Ive tried looking around and this version is different that the Cloud version which I’m use to.

I know its an old version but if anyone can point me to the right direction that would be appreciated.

Thank you

I have clicked on the cog > User Management/System and I don’t see anything there. I do hav admin access.

Thanks

Jira Server does not include a API Token feature at this time.

Hello sfbehnke,

Ah ok. If I wanted to update users email in bulk how would Igo about it if API is not available on the server? Is there a different way?

Thanks

The API is usable for Basic Authentication. There is just no token system.

Hello Steven,

Thanks for that.

On the Cloud version I am able to use the url of my Cloud address and the requests I find online such to retrieve the info I need or make changes.

eg: https://domain.com/rest/api/3/field

Is that the same for Server? I replaced the Cloud url above with my Server url but that doesn’t seem to work. Or do I need to get the server info instead if so how would I do that?

I am still very new to this so appreciate any help I am able to get.

Thank you

The reference for the API is here: Jira 8.11.1. For instance, this has an endpoint /rest/api/2/customFields returning

[
{
    "id": "customfield_10000",
    "name": "New custom field",
    "description": "Custom field for picking groups",
    "type": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:grouppicker",
    "searcherKey": "com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:grouppickersearcher"
}
]

Hi Steven,

Thanks for that. I am able to get the API working. Seems like I just need to authenticate differently and use a endpoint that works with Jira Server for my version.

Thanks

1 Like