Which decorator tag to use in user profile settings?

I’m trying to integrate our plugin in user profile in the settings tab in Confluence. I’ve managed to create a section and a corresponding link that will call an action that uses a velocity template to display settings for our plugin.

Now, the problem is, that it indeed displays our settings, but not the surrounding user profiles settings information, like active section and tab. So it looks like I left the user profile, no longer displaying the menus.

I’m currently using <meta name="decorator" content="atl.userprofile">, according to this page: Using Standard Page Decorators

But it isn’t working. It does work for a settings page which I hooked into the admin settings menu (using atl.admin instead), so I’m not quite sure what I’m doing wrong. Can somebody help me?

I’m currently using version 6.4 of Confluence.

Hi Heiko,
I faced the same problem when I built the user profile settings for my Confluence app. My approach was to use the existing user settings pages as a template, make a copy of one of the user settings Velocity pages, and adapt this according to my needs.

So if you have access to the Confluence source code, you can find all of Confluence’s action mappings in file ${SRC_DIR}\confluence-project\confluence-core\confluence\src\etc\java\xwork.xml. In this file, you’ll find, for instance, the action mapping for action viewmyemailsettings which corresponds to the email settings page in the user profile. This action will render a Velocity template /users/editmyemailsettings.vm which you’ll find in ${SRC_DIR}\confluence-project\confluence-core\confluence-webapp\src\main\webapp\users\editmyemailsettings.vm. You can copy and adapt this file according to your needs. This file uses the following decorators:

<html>
	<head>
		<title>$generalUtil.htmlEncode($pageTitle)</title>
		#requireResource("confluence.web.resources:aui-forms")
    </head>

#applyDecorator("root")
        #decoratorParam("context" "profile")
        #decoratorParam("mode"  "settings")
        #decoratorParam("helper" $action.helper)
        #decoratorParam("infopanel-width" "200px")

<body>
            <div>
[...]

This worked quite well for me and I was able to build a custom user settings page for my app. This settings page is defined in my atlassian-plugin.xml as follows:

<web-item key="myuserpreferences" name="Custom User Settings"
              section="system.settings.edit/yoursettings" weight="40">
        <label key="myapp.user.settings.tabs.header"/>
        <link>/users/viewmycustomettings.action</link>
</web-item>

The section attribute defines that this web item will be shown in the user settings, the weight attribute defines the position in the menu bar. The label key defines a key in my i18n properties.

Cheers, Roland

Thank you very much. Your tip indeed helped. It now displays the user menu and tabs like it is supposed to.

I still had a little problem that it wasn’t displaying all the available menus, but that was because my corresponding action was extending ConfluenceActionSupport. Once I switched to extending AbstractUserProfileAction, it worked.