I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Ecosystem team and my team is currently exploring new extensibility opportunities for Confluence.
Earlier this year, Atlassian announced Whiteboards, a native whiteboard in Confluence where users can brainstorm freely, turn ideas into action, and visualize work. Whiteboards come with a range of tools to help customers convert unstructured ideas into actionable tasks for team collaboration:
- a toolbox of visual elements, like sticky notes, stamps, stickers, images, timers, lines, and multi-person editing
- templates to help teams get started quickly
- Smart Links to bring rich contextual information onto the Whiteboard
- Jira issue conversion and Confluence page conversion
- Jira issue import to visualize tasks
- Smart sections to take bulk actions
Thousands of customers are already using Whiteboards during our open beta to brainstorm, diagram, and run meetings, workshops, and strategy sessions. We are targeting to release Whiteboards to General Availability in Q2 2024.
With Whiteboards, we are introducing new ways for customers to collaborate and we’re excited to understand how this new surface could open opportunities for you as Marketplace developers to grow your business and add value to Confluence customers with apps.
As part of planning our future roadmap, we would love to learn more about your interest and ideas in building apps for Confluence Whiteboards.
We’ve created a survey to make it easy for you to share any extensibility ideas and questions.
Thank you in advance for your time and feedback!