Why does JIRA look for carol.jar instead of carol-1.5.2.jar that comes with the install?

On my Windows 10 Pro, I installed Atlassian-plguin-sdk 6.2.14. I created a skeleton plugin by using

atlas-create-jira-plugin

Then I ran in the directory with pom.xml

atlas-run

and I got a few exceptions such as this example:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\myplugin\target\container\tomcat8x\cargo-jira-home\common\lib\carol.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)

The interesting thing is that I am able to find carol-1.5.2.jar in the target location:

E:\myplugin\target\container\tomcat8x\cargo-jira-home\common\lib\carol-1.5.2.jar

So why does JIRA specifically look for carol.jar, not carol-1.5.2.jar that comes with the install? How to fix it?

I am new to JIRA. Any input is really appreciated.

Best.

Hi @davidchangus,

I’m not sure why it looks for that jar, but I have created a plugin in Windows 10 via:

atlas-create-jira-plugin

and have successfully run it. Can you provide more logs?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Anne Calantog

Hi @acalantog,

I am encountering a similar issue. All I did is
atlas-create-jira-plugin
atlas-run

At the same time an addon for Confluence builds and runs smoothly…
Please advise.

Java: 1.8.0.162
atlassian-sdk: 6.3.6

The first errors concern missing files in the cargo-jira-home folder:

INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Jan 18, 2018 7:18:53 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner scan
[WARNING] [talledLocalContainer] WARNING: Failed to scan [file:/C:/projects/portfolio-goggles/portfolio-goggles-server-addon/target/container/tomcat8x/cargo-jira-home/common/lib/p6psy.jar] from classloader hierarchy
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\projects\portfolio-goggles\portfolio-goggles-server-addon\target\container\tomcat8x\cargo-jira-home\common\lib\p6psy.jar (Cannot find the file specified)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:225)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:155)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:166)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:130)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFileUrlJar.(JarFileUrlJar.java:60)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactory.java:48)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.process(StandardJarScanner.java:338)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.StandardJarScanner.scan(StandardJarScanner.java:288)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars(TldScanner.java:262)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scan(TldScanner.java:104)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer.onStartup(JasperInitializer.java:101)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5178)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:734)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:952)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1823)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Same issue here on OSX and amps 6.3.14