Why the console.log does not appear in console of browser's developer tool?

Hi,
Although there are some console.log() in the app code, why doesn’t they appear in console of my browser’s developer tool ?
They appears only in forge CLI when tunneling.

Hi! Are you building our app using UI Kit or Custom UI? UI Kit applications don’t really run in the browser but on rendering service so what you are getting is the result of the computation. That’s why it’s only possible to get the logs in the tunnel. For Custom UI the code runs in the iframe. So if the tunnel is not running you still should be able to get the console logs but make sure dev tools in your browsers include console output from all the frames.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.
I’m running UI kit app.

UI Kit applications don’t really run in the browser but on rendering service so what you are getting is the result of the computation. That’s why it’s only possible to get the logs in the tunnel.

I know that, but I cannot understand why the logs of console.log() are not printed on browser console even if there are some console.log() in a submit handler of a form.
In that case, I think browser would get the handlers with result of computation, and logs of the handler are printed on browser’s console.

I’m not used to React yet, so this might be very basic question.

UI Kit is not really React it just looks like one. This code runs on Lambda on a server and returns JSON to Jira so that’s why the console.log is only running on the backend and is not showing up in the browser.

1 Like