Will be removed in AUI 10.0.0

Hi everyone & @mkemp

We are currently in the process of preparing for Platform 7 on Jira, and we’re also trying to anticipate RFC-24. Like others, we’ve noticed that some AUI dependencies are deprecated and will be removed on version 10.0.0.

Use of window._ through AUI is deprecated and will be removed in AUI 10.0.0
Use of window.Backbone through AUI is deprecated and will be removed in AUI 10.0.0
DEPRECATED JS - JQuery.fn.spinStop has been deprecated since 7.9.4 and will be removed in 10.0.0. Use instead.
DEPRECATED undefined - AJS.params has been deprecated since 9.0.0 and will be removed in 10.0.0.
DEPRECATED JS - PopulateParameters has been deprecated since 9.0.0 and will be removed in 10.0.0.
DEPRECATED JS - Inline dialog constructor has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use inline dialog 2 instead.
. . .

We still can’t find any information in your changelog regarding AUI version 10.0.0 : AUI Changelog

• Which platform will the version be delivered with?
  • Can we know if there will be some impacts on platform 7?
  • What will change in terms of HTML rendering and JavaScript? (Can impact our ITs, our scripts and apps)

Fabien & @RobinDelmas [Elements]

Not 7. We haven’t started on it, maybe in 8, but there will be warnings consultation, etc.

A broad question, I can only answer generally especially when we haven’t started on AUI 10.

There will be changes in AUI 10, addressing the deprecation notices should help prepare you. I suspect preparing for Platform 7 is probably more important than addressing these deprecation notices

I can’t tell you what will happen in Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc. specific code.

The DOM structure for the most part is not API - we would not be able to make progress if it was. Using client-side extensions or creating web-fragments (web-item, web-panel, web-section) is always safe and is API.

1 Like