Workflow Conditions

Hi, I want to know if it is possible for a JIRA cloud add-on to have a workflow condition (that can stop a workflow change). I have looked through the documentation and can’t find anything but I may just be blind (not the first time)

Thanks
Paul

Hi @paul,

I’m not sure about the answer, but I’m curious of the scenario? Do you mean that you want the add-on to stop the transition change? What particular scenario would this be?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Anne Calantog

Hi @acalantog,

I want to be able to validate some of the data within an Issue and if the data is not present or have particular values I want to be able to stop the transition. The data the I would validate needs to be able to be configurable within the add-on

Thanks
Paul

Hi @paul,

Workflow conditions aren’t currently available in Atlassian Connect, but it is something we are very interested in adding support for: Trello

Regards,
Dave

2 Likes

Hi @dmeyer

Ok, thats good news, I’ll keep an eye out for when they arrive. I presume there is no rough time on when they will be available (just that its coming).

Thanks
Paul

This isn’t a hard and fast rule, but in general:

• “In progress” = current quarter
  • “Coming up next” = next quarter
  • “Future projects” > 6 months away
2 Likes

Excellent news. Thanks for the help

Paul

Hi @dmeyer

I just noticed that workflow conditions have gone from Coming up next to Future Projects. Is this because of the difficulty in implementing it (i.e. it’s unlikely to done, even in the future).

Thanks
Paul

Hi @paul,

No the scope and complexity hasn’t changed, this is more a reflection of the fact that some of our current work on documentation is taking longer than anticipated, our top priority future project (authentication) is looking larger than anticipated, and we decided to invest in some other features that we felt provided more value sooner (you’ll see there’s a new card for “REST API resource for bulk update of issue entity properties”). We’re still very interested in delivering workflow validators and conditions, it just won’t happen this quarter.

Dave

@dmeyer. thanks for the update. The bulk update issues entity properties sounds great.

Thanks
Paul

Workflow conditions are now available: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/modules/workflow-condition/

2 Likes