You cannot extract a file outside of the target path

I am trying to build the example ACE app build it is giving me this error. Any idea why?

Lastly these parameters did not help : “–unsafe-perm=true --allow-root”

C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example>npm install
npm WARN deprecated connect@2.8.8: connect 2.x series is deprecated
npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.3.5: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
npm WARN deprecated node-pre-gyp@0.11.0: Please upgrade to @mapbox/node-pre-gyp: the non-scoped node-pre-gyp package is deprecated and only the @mapbox scoped package will recieve updates in the future
npm WARN deprecated request@2.88.2: request has been deprecated, see https://github.com/request/request/issues/3142
npm WARN deprecated sequelize@3.35.1: This version will no longer receive security fixes per our security policy. Please update to sequelize@5 or above.
npm WARN deprecated connect@2.12.0: connect 2.x series is deprecated
npm WARN deprecated har-validator@5.1.5: this library is no longer supported
npm WARN deprecated terraformer-wkt-parser@1.2.1: terraformer-wkt-parser is deprecated and no longer supported. Please use @terraformer/wkt.
npm WARN deprecated node-uuid@1.4.8: Use uuid module instead
npm WARN deprecated tar.gz@1.0.7: ⚠️  WARNING ⚠️ tar.gz module has been deprecated and your application is vulnerable. Please use tar module instead: https://npmjs.com/tar
npm WARN deprecated terraformer@1.0.12: terraformer is deprecated and no longer supported. Please use @terraformer/arcgis.

> sqlite3@5.0.2 install C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\sqlite3
> node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

node-pre-gyp WARN Using request for node-pre-gyp https download
[sqlite3] Success: "C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\sqlite3\lib\binding\napi-v3-win32-x64\node_sqlite3.node" is installed via remote

> ngrok@2.1.7 postinstall C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\ngrok
> node ./postinstall.js

ngrok - downloading binary https://bin.equinox.io/a/chRZWPptE7w/ngrok-2.1.1-windows-amd64.zip ...
ngrok - binary downloaded...
ngrok - error unpacking binary Error: You cannot extract a file outside of the target path
    at C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\decompress-zip\lib\decompress-zip.js:95:21
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\decompress-zip\lib\decompress-zip.js:91:25
    at _fulfilled (C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\q\q.js:854:54)
    at C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\q\q.js:883:30
    at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\q\q.js:816:13)
    at C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\q\q.js:624:44
    at runSingle (C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\q\q.js:137:13)
    at flush (C:\Users\Michael\Desktop\Projects\atlassian-connect-jira-dashboard-item-example\node_modules\q\q.js:125:13)
    at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:79:11)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! ngrok@2.1.7 postinstall: `node ./postinstall.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the ngrok@2.1.7 postinstall script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2021-04-16T12_45_37_435Z-debug.log```

Welcome to the Atlassian developer community @MertTurkoglu,

I spun up a new instance of Windows Server 2019. I was able to install NodeJS, atlas-connect, and start a new project. When I ran npm install for that project, it worked fine. I think we would need to know more about your environment, in order to help troubleshoot.

1 Like

I changed the node.js version and it worked as you said

1 Like

I’m having the same issue here, which node.js version did you use and it worked for you?

I’ve been having this same problem the fix for me was to up the versions of the following packages to the given version:

• “atlassian-connect-express”: “^7.7.0”,
  • “express”: “^4.18.1”,
  • “express-hbs”: “*”,
  • “jugglingdb-sqlite3”: “0.0.5”

I’m on Node version v18.13.0

Hope this helps someone!