ACE apps have stopped working in dev

Not sure what’s going on and I’ve seen many posts but none that fix my issue. While my apps appear to still work if installed from the marketplace, for some unknown reason they have stopped working in my dev env. I use the standard dev setup that is using ngrok and “npm start” to start things up. It uploads the apps, but when I click on my links in the menu bar nothing happens. I see 200s and 404s. I’m reviewing the console in FF, Chrome and Safari and the only thing I see is this:

{“errors”:{},“errorMessages”:[“The property announcementBannerDismissedLast does not exist.”],“httpStatusCode”:{“present”:true}}

My apps are for admins and make sure of admin panels. In other posts, I’ve seen Atlassian state that they’re aware of the issue but have not identified the root cause. Some responses point to CDN, but I have not identified that as an issue. I do see some warnings around AUI but just not sure where to go from here.

I need to make updates to one of my apps to take advantage of new functionality in the API. If anyone has resolved this issue, please let me know so I can get back to coding. :nerd_face: In the mean time, I will continue to try and hunt down a resolution.

Thanks in advance.

I’m seeing the same thing in all my ACE apps in the last 24 hours.

I even tried a different machine and setting up a new app using atlas-connect new hello-world, but the same problem occurs.

Glad I’m not the only one. :slight_smile:

I’m also seeing a bunch of lines in the logs around the batch.js file–notably this one:

Failed to run init function: TypeError: removeOldAnalytics is not a function. (In ‘removeOldAnalytics()’, ‘removeOldAnalytics’ is undefined)

function () {
setTimeout(bulkPublish, 500);

I’ve opened a support ticket as well. I read in another post that it could be CDN. However, I have tested all of the CDN links that I use and they all come up just fine in the browser. If anyone has a resolution that I missed, please let me know–or us since I’m not the only one having issues.

Yes I see the removeOldAnalytics is not a function too.

I’m also seeing warnings like this DevTools failed to load source map
and the link to the map comes up as “This site can’t be reached”. So perhaps this is a CDN or similar issue.

I’m seeing the same as you are, but I have tried all of my CDN links and they are all reachable. But something could be blocking things within the apps immediate framework. Just not sure where to go from here, but I’ll keep digging around to see if I can figure this out and hopefully help save others like us time and effort.

Are there any updates on this?

My problem was solved this way: My own application does not load

1 Like

It did work for me as well!

Thanks @arir
Worked for me too

Happy to report that this solution worked for me as well. I absolutely “love” this community! Thanks @arir for sharing the solution. Time to get back to work now. :smiling_imp: :crazy_face: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Is there any update.

Hi @ReaneKhan,

I posted a message last week about how to troubleshoot this problem and how it can be addressed: My own application does not load - #3 by ccurti

Let us know if this doesn’t work for you.


Yes, see @ccurti solution. The small group on this thread all reported that this her solution worked for them–including myself.