Are URLs for icons in new Jira Cloud issue view meant to be relative to the Jira server?

My development instance of Jira Cloud has the new issue view that had an alpha release yesterday. I created a very simple Issue Glance to try out support for Marketplace apps, but found that the icon is not displaying — see broken icon in the bottom right corner:

The image is broken because Jira is trying to load the icon from Jira, rather than our add-on. I specified the Issue Glance like this:

"jiraIssueGlances": [
    {
      "key": "issue-form-glance",
      "name": {
        "value": "Issue glance name"
      },
      "content": {
        "type": "label",
        "label": {
          "value": "Issue glance label"
        }
      },
      "target": {
        "type": "web_panel",
        "url": "/test/issueglance"
      },
      "icon": {
        "width": 24,
        "height": 24,
        "url": "/assets/img/icons/icon-proforma.svg"
      }
    }
  ]

I expected that would load it from our add-on server, but instead it attempted to load it from the Jira server (https://xxxxx.atlassian.net/assets/img/icons/icon-proforma.svg).

The documentation suggests it should be relative to the add-on, but it seems to actually be relative to Jira. Are URLs for the icon meant to be relative to Jira, or is this a bug?

1 Like

Hi @charlie,

this is a known issue. I expect the fix will be deployed over the next 24 hours. After that, you will need to reinstall your add-on to see the correct behavior.

Cheers!
Einar

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look out for the fix.

@charlie Hey just wanted to let you know the fix is in place now. Please reinstall your app and let us know if it is working correctly now. Thanks in advance!

4 Likes