Cloud license status "expired"

Hi @mararn1618, @remie, @RaimisJ, @francis and all,
Caterina here. I recently joined Ian and Dugald team (here is my introduction: Introduce Yourself! - #60 by ccurti).

I’ve reviewed all your comments in this thread (including the ones on MC-1001) and this is my understanding of what you are looking for.

At a high level, a better explanation of how Evaluation licenses work.

• this includes an update to the documentation

At a more detailed level:

• a clarification about the “Expired” status (including when that is used for, if vendors will be paid for the installations in that status, what do customers have to do to purchase the app)
  • confirm the statement by @remie and indicate which steps will be take to address this

It get’s even worse, because a user can then enable it again but not start a new evaluation. This is why you as a vendor need to add license enforcement in your app, because there are definitely situations in which a customer can still have an active installation in their instance without a valid license.

• a clarification about the existance of a “grace period” and its details

a grace period to accommodate three resolution of potential billing issues, that there might be an active open quote for consideration and that atlassian sales staff can extend license activation

customers where the marketplace listing is reporting that the license is expired, but the rest api (which is used by the addon to validate the license status) reports it as active

Did I miss anything?

I also have a question for you. This is the reference doc for licensing of cloud apps (https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/cloud-app-licensing/). Is this the main page/entry point for you as well? If not, can you please comment with the one you refer to?

Let me discuss this topic internally and get back to you on this thread.

Thanks,
Caterina

6 Likes