We are happy to announce a new Forge custom field data type - object.
It enables developers to create complex custom fields with properties.
For example currency field with properties like currency and amount.
Please note that a custom field object type requires
formatter, a property that contains a Jira expression that returns a string used to represent the value in places where the rendering function is not supported. For example the column view in the Global Issue Navigator. Formatter works for all custom field data types.
- search inside object in JQL (“Development cost” ~ “USD”)
- schema JSON schema that is used to validate values stored in the field
- REST API for dynamic configuration for schema
- validation support
- formatter support on pages where the Forge rendering function is not supported
- search for properties in JQL (“Development cost”.currency ~ “USD”)
- formatter for fields export
- a possibility to dynamically set the schema in each custom field context
- example app
Doc and additional information is here.