Do already applied promotion codes stop working when the promotion ends?

In the middle of September, I’ve given a customer a monthly promotion code for our cloud app that was valid for 3 billing cycles. I’ve set the promotion’s end date to the end of September. From the promo code admin interface, I can see that the promo code was used.

Today (November), the customer reached me once again saying the promo code was initially working fine, but now the app appears to be suspended.

I was expecting the promo code’s “end date” to control only the latest day to apply the promotion on an instance. Once the promo code is applied, it should keep working until the defined number of billing cycles expire.

Isn’t that the case? Do promo code end dates also control the billing cycles?

1 Like

Yes, that is what should happen. I have run into a few situations where this has not been the case and it has happened even when the promo code is still open.

If the customer has an annual confluence/Jira/etc license and you give them a promo code it won’t align with their annual payment. All of the App payment periods have to align with the Jira or Confluence license. So they will all renew at the same time. So, for example, if your Confluence renews in January, but you started using App promo code in June and got a promo code for a free year, you would only actually get the ~ six months. So in January, you will need to ask for give new promo codes regardless of how long you give them