Is there any problem with Forge at dev environments right now? Cannot read properties of null (reading 'type')

Hello,
Is there an problem with Forge at dev environments right now? I have app that yesterday worked well. Today I have this error

an this is from browser console (I don’t know how to read what is exact problem from that there is nothing related to my code)

I don’t think this is a matter of code because I’ve brought back working code from many previous working commits and result is the same. Tried via forge tunnel and forge deploy…the same.

Also I’ve uninstalled and installed again.

Also have this error

@ITKobe,

I can’t tell from your stack trace if it’s related to your problem but there is an open incident acknowledged on the developer Statuspage:

Ok after whole day wasted I figured this out. But I don’t know what has changed from many previous days when old config worked. I haven’t downloaded newer packages etc…

Problem was in DynamicTable component. I had rows with 2 cells with content (such as Text, User) other with 3 cells with content (Text, User, Text).
Content was dynamically created. In that rows with 2 cells I added “empty / null” rows just to have the same width as 3 cell rows. I know that I can set cell width but adding null cell was easier and faster. And until today this as complementary cell worked

{
   key: 3,
   content: null
}

but had to switch that to

{
   key: 3,
   content: ""
}

and now is ok.

1 Like

Sounds like yet another example of Atlassian making unannounced breaking changes. Someone internally needs to shake things up because this entire platform is unstable.

They did a similar thing recently with changing a pagination cursor from undefined to an empty string: Atlassian Developer Status - Forge Storage delete API was not removing data

Most of these breaking changes are unannounced and unreported. We developers are just forced to waste our time patching these errors (as OP has done here).

When a post-mortem is produced they say “it only affected a small number of apps” and list out remediation steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again. And then two weeks later it happens again.

Also fyi I’d be extremely hesitant to use UI Kit 2 until it’s in GA. Your time will inevitably be wasted again in the near future. This library is used in the “hello world” docs (which I assume is why OP is using it) but it’s still a beta “preview” release which is so unstable that from v9 to v10 they made over a dozen breaking changes mostly consisting of aesthetic naming convention changes: First returns on upgrade to @forge/react version 10

1 Like