Jira API create_issue issuetype bug

Hello all, I am having difficulty creating an issue with the REST API. I am trying to use it create a simple ticket and it says the issuetype does not exist, even though it clearly does. Attached is a list of all our issuetype IDs (with the associated issuetpye on the first row towards the right side) and then directly below the sample issue I am trying to create.

I know that this is not a connection issue because I can use the same Jira client object to GET an issue. Does anyone know what could be happening here?

Welcome to the Atlassian developer community @AdamKrauss,

Issue types are also constrained by the project. In other words, project 10015 might not have issue type 10188. It might help to [get the metadata for creating an issue]( Get create issue metadata) using GET /rest/api/3/issue/createmeta. You can narrow the project scope with the projectIds parameter. The result returns an array of projects (even if 1 when you send ?projectIds=10015), each with an array of valid issueTypes. Can you confirm that 10188 is in $.projects[*].issuetypes[*].id (a little JSONPath to be clear on the JSON navigation)?

Thanks for your help. I can see that its mapping to the wrong issuetype_id.

1 Like

With the announcement of Create Issue Meta Endpoint Deprecation, this problem should be less likely using the replacement:

Get create metadata issue types for a project: fetches all Issue Types for a specific Project; it will support pagination on the Issue Types, but not include expanded fields