The Marketplace support team is working on revamping our knowledge space in https://developer.atlassian.com, one of the pages we’ve identified as having a good ROI is the Licensing FAQ. We feel like there’s a ton of information that can be added here to answer a lot of questions we see coming in through our Service Desk. We get the impression that sometimes licensing on Marketplace feels a bit like a black box, we want to crack that open and outline how some of these processes work.
We’ve already pulled together a list of questions/topics we want to add, but we’d also like to hear from the community on anything specific you would like to see explained better. We will add these then as candidates for inclusion on the page.
What we have so far:
- Extended License durations, because of; Open Quotes/extensions, Licence refunds or concessions, partner discounts, etc
- Co terming
- Mid-month app subscription initiation
- Trial extensions?
- What is the reason for the license being priced the way it is? (typical license calculation examples)
- License is showing as active, but the license is actually expired
- Loyalty and multi-year discounts
- Community, academic, open-source licensing
- Promo codes
- Access to apps for sandbox instances
- Free cloud access requests
- Grace period after the trial is expired
- Changes from free to paid - can customers keep using the free version?
- Cloud trial flow
Just to set the expectations, this isn’t a thread where we’ll be providing answers to the above questions, this is just for us to capture what information you think would be useful to have explained in more detail related to licensing on the Marketplace.
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!
The Atlassian Marketplace Support Team