Making hosted storage better for you in FY21

Hey @SimonKubica - I’ve sent you a PM with email but haven’t received an invitation yet.

Just sent out the invites (and a link to the pre-survey/question submission form) for everyone who’s sent me a DM thus far :slight_smile:

For anyone who hasn’t yet, you can find the Google Calendar invitations for Option 1 and Option 2 here if you’d prefer to join directly.

We’d love if you could get to the survey before your discussion takes place, but we understand it’s coming in on short notice so no worries if that doesn’t work for you.

See you all soon!

1 Like

Hi @SimonKubica,

Same here.

Thanks.

@SimonKubica - it seems the invite for the second session has a date/time of May 27 @ 5pm PST (GMT-7), but the first post in this thread says May 28 @ 5pm PST.

Can you please clarify which one is correct?

Date in the original post was an error (fixed now) and the invite session date/time of May 27th @ 5pm PST is correct. Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

“we’ll share a recording in this thread.” I can’t find that link in the thread.

1 Like

@SimonKubica Is the recording of these sessions available yet?

1 Like

Thanks to all those who attended, we took a lot out of the discussions and it was a pleasure meeting some new faces!

These are two separate meetings for what is essentially meant to be the same discussion, so I’d say there’s limited incremental utility in watching both vs just the one. Option 2 was a slightly livelier session that provoked a bit more discussion, so that’s the one I’d recommend catching if you need to pick one to watch :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m resurrecting this thread to canvas for folks who would be interested in participating in early access feedback on this topic.

With our recent release of alpha support for adding Forge to existing Connect apps, we are now looking to enhance this experience by allowing Connect apps on the Forge platform to read & write from the Forge app storage API.

Please let me know if you are interested in participating!

2 Likes

@HeyJoe In the spirit of “I don’t want your data!”
I’m very interested in the Forge replacement of app properties etc. so please count me in :smiley:

This is interesting to us, but I think it would only really be useful if we can move our current connect apps to Forge, or use From from Connect both of which look out of scope for now. Am I correct?

3 Likes

We’re definitively interested! Where can I sign up?

1 Like

Definitely interested. Thanks for the initiative!

Hey Joe, we’re definitely interested in this as an important step towards being able to leverage forge. How do we sign up?

@HeyJoe We are also very interested. Sign me up! :slight_smile:

Thank you to everyone who volunteered to get involved! Unfortunately I’ve had to put a pause on this work while we deal with some other urgent security improvements to Connect. We’ll pick this up again later in the year and I’ll get in touch with everyone who commented.

For those who want to get a head start, access to the Forge storage API will require your Connect app to be registered with Forge - so please give this tutorial a try if you haven’t yet: https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/build-a-connect-on-forge-app/

2 Likes