Migration docs REST API - Explanation for cloudVersionAvailability values?

Hello,

according to https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/rest/v2/api-group-migrations/#api-addons-addonkey-migration-put the PUT request body can contain a cloudVersionAvailability property with NATIVE, PUBLIC and PRIVATE as accepted values. I have searched around and I was unable to find any explanation for the values… PRIVATE is self-explanatory, but can someone please explain what the difference is between NATIVE and PUBLIC?

1 Like

I did ask the same question in a support request: Here is the explanation:

Basically PUBLIC - indicates that there is PUBLIC cloud app equivalent to your server app and NATIVE → I believe this means the app got incorporated to the cloud product.

My personal interpretation is that NATIVE is a sort of a standalone SaaS platform that offers an integration with an Atlassian product. I would say for Bitbucket cloud for example a NATIVE app would be the Snyk - Bitbucket cloud integration.

We have published an app that is not a standalone (cloud native) platform and only extends the Atlassian product, so we chose PUBLIC.

1 Like

Basically PUBLIC - indicates that there is PUBLIC cloud app equivalent to your server app and NATIVE → I believe this means the app got incorporated to the cloud product.

This lines up with the conclusion I had come to when I was thinking about it. However, my interpretation is different from yours - to me, it seems like NATIVE means a functionality which required an addon on server/DC, is now a default part of the relevant Atlassian product itself, and thus doesn’t require a cloud version of the addon when migrating.