MPAC reporting API shows incorrect `purchasePrice` column

Hi!

I should have noticed this earlier, but I’ve postponed by 2022 accounting until the very last minute. It seems that the new Marketplace API does not correctly calculate the purchasePrice column.

Historically, the price columns in MPAC reporting would add up, from purchasePrice to vendorAmount, in example:

purchasePrice: 5.00
partnerDiscountAmount: 1.00
vendorAmount: 3.00

The Atlassian fee was never listed in the API, but could be calculated as

(purchasePrice - partnerDiscountAmount) - vendorAmount = atlassianFee

This is now broken, as the purchasePrice is the result of vendorAmount + atlassianFee. The partner discount amount is no longer accounted for in any of the price columns.

You can see this more clearly in the MPAC transaction report on the vendor pages:

$2,375 - $712.50 = $1,662.50
The partner discount amount of $ 125.00 is not accounted for.

Unless Atlassian is paying the partner discount out of her own pocket, this calculation does not properly reflect the transaction.

NB: this is not a problem of the reporting front-end, but directly of the Marketplace Partner API, as the same issue is also present in the API and the CSV download. This will not be resolved by RFC-4

4 Likes

I would love to have all the fields in the API/CSV exports:

1. Customer paid amount
  2. Atlassian fee amount
  3. Solution Partner discount amount
  4. Vendor/Marketplace Partner amount
2 Likes

Hi Remie,

It took me a while to understand the issue.

So in the csv output you need to calculate purchasePrice + partnerDiscountAmount to get the listPrice stated in the marketplace pricing tab.

So it is listPrice (not part of csv) - partnerDiscountAmount = purchasePrice and purchasePrice - atlassianFee (not part of csv) = vendorAmount.

Not sure if this has been always like this - at least for our reporting this does not make any difference as we always calculate with vendorAmount.

Unless Atlassian is paying the partner discount out of her own pocket, this calculation does not properly reflect the transaction.

I can’t relate to that as vendorAmount is calculated correctly.

1 Like