If you’ve been following Atlassian’s journey to cloud, you’ll know that new submissions for server apps were stopped on May 1st, 2021. Today we hit the next milestone on this journey: the end of new server app sales on the Atlassian Marketplace for Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira Software, and Jira Service Management. This will ensure all server app licenses are completed by the end of support for Atlassian server products on February 15, 2024.
In 2021, exceptions were made for Bamboo and Crowd apps because they did not have a DC apps program as an alternative. At the time, we committed to re-evaluating this exception once a DC apps program was established, and providing three months’ notice before making any changes to Bamboo and Crowd server apps on the Marketplace.
As the Bamboo and Crowd DC apps program is now live, we will be taking the following steps to ensure a smooth transition for customers:
- August 20, 2023: Deadline to submit new server apps for Bamboo and Crowd. After this date new Bamboo and Crowd server apps will no longer be accepted.
- Partners will be allowed to resubmit new server apps if their app is rejected after submission deadline has passed (up to 2 months after deadline)
- November 19, 2023: Deadline for customers to purchase new server apps for Bamboo and Crowd (including free server apps). After this date, new server app sales will no longer be permitted for Bamboo and Crowd.
- All sales and renewals will be pro-rated to end on the server end of support date, February 15, 2024.
- Version upgrades will continue to be possible for existing customers until February 15, 2024.
- February 15, 2024: All server app licenses ended (exceptions: Fisheye and Crucible)
If you have any questions about this timeline, feel free to ask them here. We have also provided a detailed FAQ (in the Partner Portal and publicly here) on Atlassian’s server end of support and its implications for Marketplace Partners which offers more information.