Paid via Atlassian listings for Bitbucket Cloud

I see our our Marketplace support team was on it. Let me investigate why is this not moving forward.

1 Like

This app is for Bitbucket Cloud and it is PvV - Atlas Google Chat bot for Bitbucket | Atlassian Marketplace . Maybe this will help as a template for Atlassian Staff .

1 Like

This is news to me. There is no pay-via-atlassian option for Bitbucket Cloud. I must has missed that in the documentation when I started looking, although there is nothing mentioned here https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/marketplace/pricing-payment-and-billing/ that bitbucket is excluded.

That is… disappointing. Anyone have a timeline on when this is meant to change? One of the large appeals of any marketplace is not having to deal with billing which is why I started looking into this more seriously. Not having pay-via-atlassian available is pretty much a non starter for me now, and I guess ill be looking at Github integrations unless I have some sort of timeline.

Sounds like same story as for me. The documentation led me to believe it was ok.

Now I’m 4+ months in, waiting for getting the Paid via Vendor option available. Still no expected date for the ticket solution and the app is kept unreleased. :frowning:

I fully accept that its on me for not double checking, but yes, after an investment of time I would really love to get his ball rolling. I don’t want to have to implement payments myself, as I believe it to be an impediment to getting people to use the tool.

Honestly I could live with just a rough idea of when its happening or a hard no. Either works. I just don’t want to start building payments myself, with the time investment that requires, and then going though marketing efforts only to find pay-via-atlassian appears as most of that time investment would be written off.

We have build payments and licensing on our own for Bitbucket Cloud with paddle.com. Don’t know whether it is a best alternative but it took us about 3-4 weeks to have it more or less setup and working.

Having that said we are still waiting to have PvA for Btb Cloud and would migrate ourselves instantly.

1 Like

I’m finishing my payment implementation with Stripe API. Not the easiest task but Stripe is very flexible and provides many options

1 Like

@OleksandrKurakin did you manage to get the Paid via Vendor status made available for you?

No, it’s not possible with Cloud version

Actually, PvV is available but unclear how to achieve it. For example @piotr.bojko’s app is marked as PvV (as seen here Paid via Atlassian listings for Bitbucket Cloud - #22 by piotr.bojko ).

But this means, you have marked your addon as Free and then when the customer installs it they’ll find out it’s actually not free? This is what I would like to avoid.

As I know, you can mark your app as Paid via Atlassian when it’s built as external app (which does not use atlassian connect)

Yes the mark as free is a little annoying when payments are required. Starts the relationship off with a lie which is never a good start.

While I am happy to build out the payment myself, I think it also raises another obstacle to getting people onboard. The main appeal of the marketplace IMHO that the billing is already there, you just confirm and its taken care off. Not another payment you need to either get approved or process every month. While its marginally easier for me as the developer thats irrelevant as its far more convenient for the customer.

Please please please Atlassian staff :pray: let us know the status of this. Even a hard no is fine, I just want to know what my next move should be. Just its been almost a year since mentioned this was on the roadmap, with no idea as to the status.

1 Like

Hey Y’all. BBC PM here. I actually wasn’t aware that we had a marketplace policy that was stopping developers from getting their apps classified as PVV. I’m trying to understand why that exists and I’ll get back to you. Given that the pay-via-atlassian time horizon is still further out, at a minimum, we should allow developers to correctly classify their monetization method for BBC. I’ll let you know when I find out more

3 Likes

pay-via-atlassian time horizon is still further out

I don’t suppose it would be possible to elaborate as to what this actually means? 3 months? 6 months? 2 years?

@boyter Since we already have some commitments to fulfil, this won’t happen before July of next year. We recommend you to take the call to build your own payment system.

Meanwhile, we noted your confusion you faced in docs about PvA for Bitbucket Cloud and we are fixing the docs, so as to avoid this in future. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like

On the short term, could we get a commitment to enable the status Paid via Vendor for Bitbucket Cloud?

1 Like

Echoing what @aagrawal2 said, it will probably be about 12 months before we can start to enable PVA on BBC marketplace. But this confusion around PVV should be easily cleared up, and it should be possible for us to allow all of our application vendors to describe their apps as PVV going forward, just closing that issue out internally so that the policy is clear.

2 Likes

@jan @boyter

We have come to a conclusion to allow partners to list their Bitbucket apps as PvV. The documentation is going to be updated soon. Meanwhile, you can request to enable PvV payment model for your app from Jira Service Management, from where our Marketplace Support team will pick it up.

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @aagrawal, can you maybe pickup this 5 months old ticket to solve this? Jira Service Management

Yup, since we have a reached a decision on this, this should approved soon. It was stuck because of it. I will notify the team. :+1:

2 Likes