Payouts to Ukraine bank account for individual developer (sole proprietor) - supported?

Hi everyone,

I’m a solo developer from Ukraine planning to build a Forge app for the Atlassian Marketplace. Before investing months into development, I need to verify the payout path works for my specific situation.

My setup:

  • Individual developer, sole proprietor (ФОП - the Ukrainian equivalent of a sole trader, no LLC/company registration)
  • Based in Ukraine
  • Planning to use “Paid via Atlassian” monetization model

Questions I couldn’t find documented answers to:

  1. Payouts to Ukraine: Are bank payouts (EFT or any other method) currently supported for Marketplace vendors with bank accounts in Ukraine? If not directly, is there a sanctioned path (e.g., via Payoneer or similar) that Atlassian supports?

  2. Verification for sole proprietors from Ukraine: The partner verification form asks for business registration details. For Ukraine-based sole proprietors (ФОП), what documents are typically accepted? Our ФОП registration certificate includes a personal tax ID (РНОКПП) - is that sufficient, similar to how a Portuguese sole trader used their NIF?

  3. Sanctions compliance: Ukraine is not under sanctions, but I’ve seen a case of a Ukrainian developer being incorrectly blocked by sanctions screening. Is there anything specific Ukraine-based developers should prepare for to avoid false-positive blocks during verification?

  4. W-8BEN for Ukrainian residents: For the tax withholding form, should I use my Ukrainian tax ID (РНОКПП) as the foreign tax identifying number, and does the Ukraine-US tax treaty reduce the 30% withholding? Any specific guidance for Ukrainian residents?

Context why this matters: I’m choosing between Atlassian Marketplace and other platforms. The technical stack (Forge) is perfect for my .NET skills, but I need certainty on the payment infrastructure before committing months of development time. Even partial answers or “this worked for someone in a similar situation” would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

I’m a sole proprietor registered in Ukraine and an Atlassian Marketplace Partner using Paid via Atlassian.

I receive Marketplace payouts directly to my Ukrainian bank account (monobank), without Payoneer or any other intermediary.

So yes, direct payouts to Ukraine work, at least in my case.

This forum is not intended for such questions, you can ask more details on the Telegram group or https://community.atlassian.com/

Thanks!