Rolling out support for apps in the new Jira Cloud issue view

Currently we have limited the reload of glance iframe for performance reason. But this can change if needed. Status transition would be reasonable to trigger it. So your js is not polling continuously, but only on transition?

I just poll on load and reload so that I don’t hammer the bandwidth or my servers. So any update that reloads content will trigger another polling to see if new sub tasks were created. Doing continuous polling could be quite expensive on my end.

When can the glance iframes be changed to reload and how wide spread is this new Jira issue view rollout. I just trying to work out the potential damage. I suppose another option is to have a parameter on the glance to say reload on change.

Thanks
Paul

@paul, after your add-on creates subtasks via api, how do you send event to jira to request for reload currently? Or do you expect Jira to refresh issue view when content changed?

@zwang, I use AP.jira.refreshIssuePage()

The AP.jira.refreshIssuePage still appears to be broken.

Previous discussion at:

Just an FYI that a “pin” functionality mentioned by @paul would please some users.

New Issue View focused on performance and clean view but there are users who would like to see the content all the time with no additional clicks. More information can be found in the feedback we got from a customer: New issue view "honest" feedback from "real" customer

Cheers,
Jack

@michaele, refreshIssuePage is reloading iframes in production now. Please check.

@rwhitbeck - do you have an approximate timeline for pushing out the new issue view to the standalone Jira Software issue view? Would it be before Jan 1, 2019?

I did not get a set timeline from the team on pushing out the new issue view to the stand alone JSW issue view. However I was assured it would be into next year before that happens. So no it would not happen before Jan 1, 2019.

Hi Atlassian

Is there any progress in having headless issue glances for code loading. At the moment It just appears as the word open

Thanks
Paul