This app requires access to a Confluence & User identity site which you don't have

Hi,

One of my customers is running into a strange error when trying to approve the permissions for one of my Forge apps running on Confluence.
When they load a page referencing the app, they initially see a permissions required popup as expected.

When they click to approve the permissions, the spinner never stops spinning and a new page opens with the following error “This app requires access to a Confluence & User identity site which you don’t have or don’t have permission to access”

The user attempting to do this is an admin on their site.
I have other customers using the app with no problems.
The permissions section of my manifest.yml is as follows:

permissions:
  scopes:
    - read:content-details:confluence
    - read:content.property:confluence
    - write:content.property:confluence
    - read:user:confluence
    - storage:app
    - write:content:confluence

The only different thing I notice about the customer is that their root url is xxx.jira.com rather than the standard xxx.atlassian.net.
I was wondering if anyone else had run into the same issue and worked out how to fix it?

Thanks,

Matt

There was one person recently who had a similar problem.

Let me know if this helps.

Matt,

have you been able to solve this issue? We face the same behaviour and multiple Atlassian IDs is not the cause.

2 Likes

same issue

I’ve got the same issue, is there any news ?

Hi all,

To make investigation faster it will be helpful to understand the similarities between these situations.

Is there a specific module that you’re using? A specific set of scopes? Are you also in a xxx.jira.com site or a xxx.atlassian.net site?

The error can pop up when a Jira Forge app requests Confluence scopes or vice versa. OP is not in this situation but I want to make sure none of these other cases are a result of this.

If you could also mention here or in a DM the account facing the problem and the site it’s happening on.

I just ran into the issue and it was the multiple account ids problem, even though it looked like I was only logged in as one account.

I think the problem is that the site redirects to id.atlassian.com which is a different domain and it just picks one of the accounts.

I went to Log in with Atlassian account and logged out completely, then logged back in and it worked.

1 Like

It works for me, thanks :slight_smile: