Want to see your app in Jira Cloud mobile? Glances have arrived!

Glad you’re excited about the news! On external links, this was meant to be about links outside of the context of your apps use case, so as not to distract the user from the task they would want to do with your app.

The use case you described is perfectly fine and encouraged.

The context of this was, we were finding some partners wanted to cross-sell/flow into their own apps from the Jira app and to do this, they were including a link to a page in their website which just has links to the play store and the app store. This can be a distraction for users from the task they were trying to do. We still want to encourage cross flow if it will improve the user experience, that’s why we included the section about promoting your app, to try to make it a more seamless experience.

1 Like

Hi,

Two questions:

• Is there a way to recognize that the app is on the mobile? Something like AP.isOnMobile on the client-side? We would like to disable/hide some features that require large screens.

• Is there a plan to introduce Connect condition “isOnMobile”?
    We allow users to move our panel between Glance and Content (right and left side of the issue View). When displayed on the left side (default), users won’t see us in the mobile app (also Connect/Jira does not show more than one Glance). So, we would like to display the Glance in mobile while desktop view would stay on the left in Content module.

Thanks,
Jack

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

Yes, you need to opt-in for this as this is completely different from cloud EAP.

We would like our app to be enabled. We replied to the email as suggested in step 3, but we haven’t had a response yet. Did the process change since this was introduced? I’m asking this for Atlas CRM Atlas CRM - Customers and Sales in Jira | Atlassian Marketplace.

@aagrawal2 @JoshCarolan

Since everybody is asking questions, I will add/repeat mine:

• Does the mobile Glance work on iOS already? Last time I checked and asked it did not.
  • Is there a plan to introduce Connect condition “isOnMobile”? If not, can you please add it to the backlog?

Thanks,
Jack

@Maarten sorry that email somehow slipped through the cracks - I have found it and just replied. Super excited to enable your app for all android users. You can also now test on iOS and the Jira Mac app. If it works for you on android there is a good chance it will work for iOS and the mac app, but it is worth testing it out to be sure, and we can enable for iOS/ Jira for Mac app separately from android.

Thanks for following up with us!

@jack Hi Jack sorry for the delayed response to your questions -

At the moment, the way to recognise if it is in mobile is to check the user agent of the request which will be different for web vs android and iOS/Mac app.

Yes there is a plan to add something like this. We have it in our backlog and are spiking it out now. It is likely to be AP.isMobile or something similar. Note that this will be true for all native clients, (android, iOS and the Jira Mac app). I will aim to update you here when we have completed this work :slight_smile:

Yes it does now! If you have opted in your instance for testing on android, you will also be able to see your glance in iOS AND the Jira Mac app. So please do check those two other platforms out as well

1 Like

Thanks @JoshCarolan, we’re very excited about this as well! Can’t wait to test this on iOS and the Mac app.

Hi @JoshCarolan,

I meant the “condition” module from Connect that would allow us to show/hide Glance. This is because we need another Glance and New Issue View allows to display only one of them.

Please add Condition to your backlog.

Thanks,
Jack

1 Like

@JoshCarolan, @aagrawal2

Which version of iOS Jira app supports app glances?

I can see that mine was updated two days ago to version 99.0.0. Unfortunately, I still cannot see my Glance there, while it works on Android app (my Jira instance is enabled for mobile Glance).

UPDATE: It works on 99.0.0. Either the app or issue page was stale I think.

Thanks,
Jack

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Just an update to let you all know about a couple of improvements we have made based on all the feedback we have received from all the ecosystem partners who have been testing their glances in our native apps.

1. Glances are now available on all platforms iOS, Android and the native Mac app.
  2. We have done some work on our side to ensure AP.Dialog and AP.Flag are responsive to screen size out of the box. So all that is required of you is to ensure the content inside your dialogs, still renders nicely and works correctly in the condensed space of a smaller screen.
  3. We have added a condition: AP.jira.isNativeApp which will return true if the glance is open in Android, iOS or the Mac app.

One issue we are aware of and are investigating is scrolling the glance content to the bottom when the phone keyboard is up. We’re not 100% sure if this is something we need to fix from our side or if it is a consideration that ecosystem partners need to make on their side but we are investigating and will update here when we have more information.

I also just want to say a big thank you to all partners who have tested their glances, fixed what they can on their side and provided their feedback for things we needed to address from our side. This has been a big help for us and all of this work is unlocking all new channels for your users to interact with your applications any time, any where! Keep up the good work and keep the feedback coming in :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Josh

5 Likes

@JoshCarolan,

Thank you for all the improvements!

I also vote for creating Connect condition that we could use in atlassian-connect.json.
This way we could hide the Glance for desktop users as they prefer to use Content module.

Do you think it is something that your team could deliver in the nearest future?

Thanks,
Jack

Hi, Is it possible to test glance for app that is not yet released on the Marketplace?

Hi @Efrosina - yes it is possible to test an app that is not released on the marketplace. If you follow the steps listed above and put the instance you will use while you are testing and developing your glance, we will enable that instance and you will be able to see all glances in that instance including your unreleased glance.

@jack - Thank you for the feedback and the suggestion - I will add this to our list of potential improvements for a second iteration of glance improvements on native apps. No promises or timelines on this yet but so far the numbers for usage of glances is looking good so if these numbers continue, we are likely to invest further in this area :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @JoshCarolan, in the submit form there is “Your app’s Atlassian Marketplace URL” field which is required. What should I enter if the app is not yet on the Marketplace?

If your app is not yet on the marketplace, just put the name you are going to call your glance in the url field :slight_smile:

1 Like

Our app stopped working in Jira mobile app due to the following problem: Bug - it's no longer possible to get current user in Jira mobile app

I wonder if anyone else is facing similar issue (AP.user no longer invoking a callback in Jira mobile app).

Thanks,
Jack

Does anyone know how to check if dark mode is enabled so we can adjust the CSS accordingly?

Thanks,
Jack

Hi all, this feature is now generally available. Please leave any comments on the new topic, as I am closing this thread. Thanks!

1 Like