We made a small dev tool for all you Confluence Cloud devs that are working with Page & Space Properties ("Property Inspector")

Hey fellow Confluence Cloud devs,

A few weeks ago I came across this thread by @dmorrow, where he shared his idea for a Confluence Cloud app that lets you view Page Properties directly in the browser. We really liked this idea but wanted to make it even more useful, so @marketa.jancova and I spent a bit of time and created the “Property Inspector”. :partying_face: :tada:

Essentially, the Property Inspector allows you to view, create, update, and delete Page & Space Properties in Confluence through a simple UI. It’s available on the Marketplace for free. We hope that this can be useful for you just like the web fragment finder or the connect inspector. :slight_smile:

You can find it here: Property Inspector for Confluence | Atlassian Marketplace

Cheers,
Sven

P.S.: Very likely that there still are bugs. Let us know in this thread if you find any or if you have any suggestions for making the app more useful. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Nice work Sven!

A pitty that things like that are not enabled automatically, once you enable Development mode in an instance

4 Likes

I just want to point out that this tool makes it very easy to revert Fabric pages to legacy pages by simply deleting the editor=v2 property from a page. I have a simple CLI tool I use internally for this, but I’ll probably just use the Property Inspector for it now instead. Very handy for testing macros in different scenarios.

Of course, use this trick at your own risk :slight_smile:

Well done!

10 Likes

Thanks Sven - now everyone from our teams can test legacy editor pages (and although I was able to do it before using REST I can do it much faster now).

Or even just have a look at what other data (from ours or other apps) is on a certain page.
If you’re in Stuttgart let me get you a beer. Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Great share @sven.schatter :ok_hand:

1 Like