This is not exactly a question. I’m writing this down here as I often question my knowledge of what is correct and I’d like to find this information in a single article. If you wish to comment to correct this, please do so and I’ll update the post with the corrected information.
In Atlassian Marketplace reports you can see various license statuses:
- License is commercial
- License is evaluation
- License is developer (aka private listings)
- License has not been renewed
- License is cancelled before the renewal date
- Can only find cancelled commercial licenses for this month, suggesting that the status changes to expired after a month
- Cancelled evaluation licenses linger in this state
In a previous post I described how to get the license status of an Atlassian Connect app.
None of these methods given in that post truly map to the available license statuses as shown in Atlassian Marketplace, so there is confusion as to what active, expired and cancelled means when applied to the logic within an app.
I’ve asked various people in the developer community what their understanding of the license status is, and this is my exec summary of what I’ve learned:
Active evaluations (which can last for up to 59 days)
- I believe that sometimes Atlassian will issue longer evaluation and they can also extend these.
- Expired evaluations (up to 15 days after the expiration date aka the suspended state)
- Active commercial licenses
- Expired commercial licenses (up to 15 days after the expiration date aka the suspended state )
- Cancelled commercial licenses up to the expiration date (cancelled licenses are assumed to not move into the suspended state - I’m guessing here)
- Any license in any state that has an active quote
- Active quotes are generally 30 days, but can be extended up to 90 days by Atlassian.
- In some rare cases Atlassian will also issue 90 day valid quotes from the beginning.
- Any license in any state which is affected by MC-1001.
- Expired evaluations (over 15 days after the expiration date aka the suspended state )
- Cancelled commercial licenses after the expiration date (cancelled licenses are assumed to not move into the suspended state - I’m guessing here)
…provided they are not affected by MC-1001.
Again, if you wish to comment to correct this, please do so and I’ll update the post with the corrected information