When will there be an API to delete content?

The API for content deletion is deprecated, but there is no replacement for this in the v2 API. Especially interested in attachment deletion. When will it be available?

3 Likes

Hi @AlexeyMikhaylovStilt - thank you for the feedback! We are working on a new Delete attachment endpoint and will release it as soon as we are able!

As a reminder - for all new V2 feedback let’s start new topics here: Confluence Cloud topics with the rest-api-v2 tag. This will help us keep your feedback and our responses organized!

1 Like

Any news on deleting attachments?
Also, will this include the ability to purge the attachments as well? Because currently you are not able to e.g. purge trashed pages with the v2 API.

1 Like

Hi @t.bundt - thanks for asking! We are targeting a release in early July which will include the ability to delete attachments.

We currently do not support the ability to purge trashed content in the V2 API. If there is enough of an ask for this, we will be able to prioritize the work!

hi Simon,

I am one of the developers of Script runner for Confluence cloud. Our current upgrade to V2 APIs is blocked as we are not able to purge the deleted(trashed) pages. We would really appreciate a V2 API for this. let me know how can I help to give it a boost

1 Like

We need this as well.

Huhu @SimonKliewer ,

we would also be interested in having this functionality on the v2 endpoint :slight_smile: .
Our app Space Tools Pro for Confluence | Atlassian Marketplace currently makes use of it.

to be more specific we are performing this operation on v1 endpoint to completely get rid of a page where we don’t find a replacement on v2 as mentioned in this post …

/wiki/rest/api/content/${pageItem.id}?status=trashed

Could you share some more information if you will deprecate v1 before you implement this on v2 is this planned for v2 at all?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Martin

3 Likes

To those who missed it, Atlassian has said that they’re no longer monitoring this forum for REST API v.2 gaps and that you should file a bug to get the item added to the queue using the following procedure: RFC-19: Deprecation of Confluence Cloud REST API v1 Endpoints - #25 by AshishShirode

I couldn’t find this issue in the queue. If someone bothers to do this, maybe it would help the others to post the ticket number here so that we can watch it.

3 Likes