Custom macros not rendering properly on the new Template preview experience

Hi devs,

I’m referring to the new Template rich preview experience as previously shared here.

Currently, what’s we’re seeing is that if a template or page that has 3rd party macros like ours, the preview renders these macros as extension (which looks ugly).

We were expecting the preview to render like what is seen when previewing the template directly.

I checked and it seems like the content of these previews are retrieved via cgraphql?q=TemplateBodiesQuery which returns a stringified adf value.

While native macros are rendered beautiful in these previews but static and dynamic content macros aren’t. Do we need to update something on our end to get our macros rendered properly in these previews or could this is a bug on Confluence side at this point?

I also played around with other renderModes (pdf, word, email) than what we already have (default), but that didn’t seem to help.

Please advise.

Ucchishta.

7 Likes

Hi @ucchishta.sivaguru I will look into this! As I am seeing nested macros inside of your template, can you confirm whether the template that is not rendering is a Legacy template that was migrated from server or that was created using a Blank Legacy Template? thx!

Hi @SamLucas ,

Sorry for the late response. Nope, these aren’t migrated from Server or that was created using a Blank Legacy Template. They’re not nested macros either.

This is just a page that was created on Cloud that contains both static and dynamic macros. The title of the template is misleading but from what I understand, the new Confluence editor doesn’t support nested macros.

Hi,
We are facing the same issue! do you have any update @SamLucas ?