Codegeist is back in a big way for 2020. How big, you ask?
$300K in prizes big
From now until July 13, we’re looking for innovative cloud apps in two tracks:
- Built with Connect: Create production-ready apps and integrations for Atlassian Cloud tools, including Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket.
- Built with Forge: Create trusted, scalable apps in minutes while Forge, our new cloud app development platform, takes care of infrastructure and security. Forge is still in beta, so this is an excellent opportunity to take it for a spin and tell us what you think.
Plus, you can use the Trello customization platform to build Trello Power-Ups, too!
Codegeist is a remote hackathon where participants build innovative cloud applications for their favorite Atlassian tools. These apps can be for individuals and for teams, and participants may even want to list their apps on the Atlassian Marketplace. From newbies to experts, everyone is welcome to participate from May 19 (Tuesday) to July 13 (Monday) for a chance to win over $300k in prizes .
Tell me more about those prizes…
Are you one of those people who think, “I never win anything” any time you participate in contests and giveaways? Well, let’s just say, we’re out to change that.
Codegeist provides plenty of opportunities to win big, including:
- $55,000 grand prize for the best Connect app with second, third, fourth, and fifth place rewards, in addition to five (5) honorable mention prizes
- $20,000 grand prize for the best Forge app, also with second, third, fourth and fifth place rewards, in addition to five (5) honorable mention prizes
- $500 each for the top 100 eligible Forge apps
- $5,000 each for five (5) bonus categories including Best Trello Power-Up and Best App for Remote Working
- Atlassan Developer swag
See? There are plenty of opportunities to win big, so pick a topic that inspires you and start building.
Whether you’re new to Atlassian Cloud or need a refresher, check out these resources to help you get started.
When you’re ready:
- Create a free Atlassian Cloud developer account (skip this step if you have an existing account)
- Register for Codegeist
- Familiarize yourself with the contest rules and submission requirements
- Build an Atlassian cloud app between May 19, 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time to July 13, 1:59 p.m. Pacific Time (Find out what time that is in your city)
- Spin up your free developer cloud instance to test your app
- Submit your app by 1:59 p.m. Pacific Time on July 13
What happens after I submit?
All submissions will be evaluated by a panel of Atlassians through July 24. Winners will be announced by July 31. Don’t worry – we’ll keep you posted.
Have more questions?
Fear not! We’re here to help. Simply locate a relevant forum for your question and make sure to type in codegeist in the optional tags field of your topic.
Mention us @atlassiandev, and tell us about what your progress using the hashtag #Codegeist2020. We’re excited to see what you build!