Marketplace Approval

Thanks Ankur,
In answer to my own question about Cloud and Server review process:

• When the server app was approved I was then able to edit and manage all other versions again.
  • When I then submitted the Cloud version for approval, this didn’t lock me out of my already approved versions.
  • You can only submit one version at a time and each one is approved by Atlassian on a separate ticket.

Hope that’s useful to anyone else wondering how the process works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @ayarazarvi, could you please take a look at AMKTHELP-17013 as well

Thanks in advance
Paul

Hey @paul,

Thanks for reaching out. I have commented on the ticket, will pick this up soon. There are a few other requests ahead of your’s in the queue.

Thanks for your patience!

Hey @paul, This was approved.

Hi @ayarazarvi

Thanks for pushing that through, much appreciated

Paul

Our team is also awaiting for App approval for longer than anticipated. Can someone please look into the request?
https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/AMKTHELP-17386

Vendor experience is unacceptable with such unpredictable process . At the very least, someone should remove the “This process takes between 3 and 5 business days” form the auto-responder.

How does Atlassian expect vendors to run business and manage investment if the process is so fluid, and seemingly requires intervention? I did not expect to be dealing with a government agency or a fat telco.

@mpaisley Hi Melissa. You mention being involved with Vendor Advocacy. Could you kindly trigger someone to respond to Jira Service Management. We submitted the app for approval two weeks ago. There has been zero response (apart from the autorespond email which said “process takes between 3 and 5 business days”). I do understand that teams often need to work through the queue of tasks. However, two weeks with no feedback is not acceptable when it comes to commercial endeavors. Our client feels disappointment and our business is incurring costs as well. Thank you, Ivan.

Hi @AGILISTAi ,
I can’t find an open approval submission for your app with key app.neelix.jira.task-manager, but I don’t actually work on approvals so I could be searching wrong. Do you have the AMKTHELP number for the approval submission?

Hi Melissa,

I received only an email with no ticket number (on Sun, Jun 23, 9:59 PM):

Hi there,
Thanks for listing Neelix Task Manager in the Marketplace! Each add-on is reviewed by our friendly Marketplace team before being publicly listed. This process takes between 3 and 5 business days.
In the meantime, you can check approval guidelines for your add-on.
Cheers,
The Marketplace Team

The app url is this:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220774/neelix-task-manager?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Was there an actual Jira meant to be created for the submission request? If that were the case, may this could explain why the request fell through. Having said that, no one replied to this call for help either.

Kind regards
Ivan

Yeah, a Jira issue should have been created for the submission. Unfortunately there’s nobody in the marketplace team available now, but I’ve asked them to take a look into it. Can you tell me - what is your app key for this app?

It is app.neelix.jira

Thanks, I can’t find any submissions for that app key - i’ve asked the Marketplace team to investigate when they get in.

Thank you, much appreciate it. We can see Marketplacebot successfully pinging atlassian-connect.json on our server. Under ‘manage app’ the message says This app is pending approval by Atlassian and cannot be edited. The help ticket raised asking for assistance is : AMKTHELP-17386

Hey @AGILISTAi,

Please track your approval here : Log in with Atlassian account

Dear @ayarazarvi,

is it now common that you don’t get a ticket number for the approval process any more? I also did not get one for my submission (app #1220787) 2.5 weeks ago.

Thank you

Andreas

1 Like

Same here, I’m also curious about this.

Please help ! Can these be approved? They are for DC versions of my Bitbucket app (DCHELP-695 already approved):

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/AMKTHELP-17424

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/AMKTHELP-17425

I have two tickets here because I maintain a Bitbucket 4.x compatible version of my plugin which requires a separate release.

@mpaisley, @ayarazarvi: Can you provide some information about the tickets we haven’t received? Does this cause any problems in the approval process? In general, why is this happening now?

Hey @andreas1,

Sorry to hear that. No it is not common, we faced an outage a while ago, our BOT which creates these tickets was down during the outage. All the apps submitted during that time wont have a corresponding AMKTHELP ticket associated with them. We have manually created for most of them. Looking like we missed out on few.

Please give me your app name. I will create the ticket and team will take up the approval of the same.

Hey @attila.bordas,

Can you please share your app name?