Meet the new PM responsible for cloud editor extensibility - Let's chat!

Hey peeps! My name is Ethan and I’m a new Product Manager (PM) working on the cloud editor. I’ve taken over editor extensibility, and I’m keen to talk to peeps that have thoughts on how we can work better with the Ecosystem to improve the editor. I know you’ve talked to Jonno about this topic before, and I want to ensure we keep this conversation going as time goes by.

My goal is to ensure that we’re providing an awesome way for you to deliver amazing customer experiences (and build awesome businesses) on top of the new editor. An awesome customer experience starts with an awesome developer experience. I’m keen to better understand the needs and pain points of partners who…

• build editor apps in Cloud products like Confluence, Jira, and Bitbucket
  • have thoughts on how we can improve your experience working with the cloud editor
  • want to build editor apps on Forge, but can’t. I’d love to know what’s missing!
  • have Confluence Server apps that can’t be recreated in Cloud
  • have an awesome idea for an editor app that’s currently blocked

This is by no means an exhaustive list, if you have an interest in learning about what we’re working on and thinking about, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’d love to chat about how we can make the editor better for you and our customers!

Looking forward to getting to know y’all better :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Welcome to the Community! Glad you’re here, and I hope we* can improve the cloud editor together.

• the royal we, as I’m not personally working on any editor apps at the moment :laughing:
2 Likes

Haha thanks @DaveLiao well if you ever get round to working on one, you know who to call :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @EthanYew for the post. I am working on a confluence App using forgeUI. My goal for the app is to be able to display Markup data or HTML data on the body of confluence page. I am trying to use @atlaskit/editor-markdown-transformer package to convert the data. Attached is my typescript.
I am getting " Unexpected error in app", could you please advise on if I could use any hooks to call npm packages from forgeUI.

Thanks much!

Hey @SandhyaKumari that error message definitely could be more helpful :confused: I’m not too sure what to make of this, but feel free to schedule some time in my calendar where I can invite along an engineer from our team to discuss the nature of your problem, and what you’re more broadly trying to achieve: Calendly - Ethan Yew

1 Like

Thanks @EthanYew I was able to resolve the unexpected err but I need guidance on calling @atlaskit/editor-markdown-transformer from forgeui app so that it can render markdown data. I scheduled a meeting by looking at your calendar, thanks for your time.

1 Like

Hi @EthanYew How do I join the meeting? I dont see location specified in meeting invite from Calendly. Thanks